Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fun times at the Liberry

Ok, so I am not sure if I am going to like this but mouse is forcing me into the land of the blog. Being that she is the only one that I communicate with regularly that I do not see regularly, I am not sure how often I will do this but will hey there is a first time for everything.

So I am at work at the glorious library. Thank God I only have 2 hours left b/c unfortunately I have had to deal with 2 of our most irritating patrons. One guy obviously has a neurological disorder. Feel sorry for him you say? Poor guy deserves your sympathy. I guess one that does not have to deal with his range of noises from the two main orifices of his body would say such things. I had to leave one of the public service desks when he stood at one of the computers behind me and began farting loudly. Did I really get three college degrees so I could listen to his farting and grunting all day, punctuated by his calls for help he can't tie his shoe? Today he swore someone was stealing his printouts of the credit card pop-ups that were coming up. Yes, you caught me. I have nothing better to do than steal your pages of crap so I can hear you yell louder and louder at the top of your lungs. He reminds me of the charcter Will Ferel used to play on SNL, the one with the voice modulation problem. That is so him.

And then we have Connie Francis. He is called such b/c, his age is somewhere betw/ 75-85 and he comes in 3-5 times a week (we are only open M-F) and spends hours upon hours of printing every picture he can find on the web of Connie Francis. We then have the added bonus of his ramblings on a multitude of things such as: is he wasting paper, can he take the paper back to his apartment, are my girls walking yet. The kids are 2 and 10 months, he has been asking this question everyday since the older one was born. FOR GOD'S SAKE, YES THE 2 YEAR OLD IS WALKING. NO THE 10 MONTH OLD IS NOT!!!!
Help Please, I am slowly drowning amidst the weirdos and freaks!

3 comments:

Genevieve Netz said...

Ah yes, the public. There are definitely some unique people out there. I can sympathize with you. I worked several years at a little country store, and we had a few regulars there who were odd individuals to say the least. I'll spare you the details. Good luck with your blog.

Mouse said...

The way I see it my friend...this is the perfect way to vent. You know you need it.

I'm linking you into my blog so that I can constantly know your inner workings...well, those I don't know already.

Love you, Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's worse working with the public or odd government workers that have been at the same place for 20-45 years...