Monday, January 28, 2008

Blah...

It's Monday, which by itself sucks. Jerry is registering Bear for Pre-K today which makes me happy and sad because she is growing up so fast. It has almost been 5 years since I found out I was pregnant with the little bugger and now she is going to big girl school, as she calls it. I can tell it is time b/c everyday she asks, "Mama, am I going to big girl school today?" I don't want her to go to big girl school cause then she will never want to come home cause I such a horrible parent!!:) Ok, I'm not horrible but I feel like when I am at home all I do is cook and clean and yell at them to stop hitting each other and yell at them to clean there room (which, is it just my kids? but it takes about an hour for them to clean up and I have to yell at them the whole time!) I just feel like I don't do anything with them b/c a) I don't have time, b) we have no money to go anywhere and c) I am exhausted most of the time!

And then the whole school thing! So we are registering her at the public school in our neighborhood which is almost free. If we aren't eligible for the free lunch program we have to pay a monthly fee (which has to be cheaper than what we pay in tutition now!) but J seems to think that we may need to keep her there and put her in middle school at a private school. I said no b/c most of the kids at the private school she will go to will have been there since kindergarden and I think it would be difficult for her to make new friends when the groups are already established. If the middle schools are that bad, what makes the elementary ones any better? Should I keep her in pulic until middle school? Other people have told me they were not happy when their parents did that but I am at not sure what to do. I don't know anything about public school! I went to a private one. And then she would have to go to CCD which she wouldn't if she went to a private school. Now the school we are registering her for is a blue ribbon school so it is not the terrible schools that are in the rest of the parish but what if we move? This district is only for this neighborhood! And then she'll get stuck in another school that is crappy! And what if she doesn't test into the gifted program! I don't know what to do!

No comments: