Monday, January 28, 2008

Aggravation....

OK, so I already don't like registering Bear for school! First dumb ass me forgets to get her immunization record. That's OK, I'll just call the doctor's office to have them fax it to the school! WRONG! Doc's office doesn't fax anything (even though the school would take said fax). So I go down there because GOD HELP ME IF I CAN ACTUALLY TALK TO A LIVE PERSON AT MY CHILD'S PEDIATRICIAN'S OFFICE. I have to leave a f*&%ing message, which apparently all the operator's think is the nurses line since that is the line that they transferred me to, and guess what?!! I GET TO LEAVE A GD MESSAGE, OF WHICH IT TYPICALLY TAKES AN HOUR FOR THEM TO RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I leave a message and then call and realize there is a line specifically for immunizations record. How would I know that? Being that the operator had sent me to the nurses line. This is the recording that tells me they do not fax anything, but hey I can certainly leave a message and they will have it done in 24-48 hours!!!! Shit!!! Registration is only until 2 this afternoon. They did not call me back after an hour so I call Jerry and tell him I am going over there. It is now 9:30. Registration had started at 7:30. Jerry, running late, had forgotten the paperwork at home AND forgot to leave the car seats so my Dad could pick the kids up b/c I have an appt after school. He goes home, gets the paperwork, gets to the school at 8am...and waits 45 minutes to get the forms to fill out. After an hour of filling out paperwork, he turns it and is told she is on a waiting list! There was only one class (THAT IS WHAT I SAID, 1!) of 18 kids and it is a first come first serve basis so the 18 parents WHO SLEPT OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last night got their kids in, that they were probably (but not definitely) adding a second class and that she would be in that one but we won't know until March or April. Who in the FUCK sleeps outside to get their kid into pre-k! I mean really people!!! This is a school (granted a good one) in EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH!!! Not exactly known for its academic excellence, and it is PRE-K, not freaking Harvard!!! SO in the meantime, I go to the doc's office b/c I have gone and gotten a shot card from them before without calling or filling anything out. She says I'll probably get it today but they tell us...blah blah blah! OK, now I am hearing Charlie's Brown's teacher in my head b/c I am pissed at myself and how stupid the doctor's office is! She sees my frustration (I am about to cry at this point, and this is before knowing that Bear is on the waiting list!) and says it will probably be ready within the hour, they'll call me when it is ready...blah blah blah. I have heard nothing by 11:30. The operator basically tells me all she can do is transfer me she can't page anyone, WHATEVER!!! The place is not that big get somebody on the phone, bitch! (FYI, I did not call her a bitch but I let her know of my happiness and the fact that it takes FOREVER for anyone to call me back, yeah she just transfers me! I hate her!) She, too, directs me to the nurse's line so I leave them a message letting out my frustrations, leave one on the immunization line and then another one b/c in venting my hatred of them on the line (total embellishment of course!) I forgot to leave my number. So Jerry is in the area, goes in, and voila, they have it ready. They knew evil messages 3 and 4 were on their way! HeHeHe!

So I have finally gone through all this shit just to have her on a waiting list! I will be going to the first private school next week! Fun Times:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - registration can be a pain! Did they tell you at open house they only had 1 class? That is just crazy! At least you have the shot record now - good luck! And the private vs public is a big debate - it's a hard decision y'all just have to figure out which will work best. Too many options sometimes! My best friend from highschool came from St. Georges - she went there until 8th then went into public. When you hit highschool it's people from all over the city - I had a couple of friends from middle and met a ton more- it's the same in private - tons of the elem. schools feed into the one main high school - I'd look at it as an elem - 8th lump then a high school lump - maybe public (if you are in the neighborhood) until 8th? Then the highschool you want?

mamaof3girls said...

Once again I am stupid and did not even think about open house but it was back in like October when I did not think we would be sending her there, just like an option if she did not get in to the other 2. But Jesus! Never did I ever consider SLEEPING outside the school! Those people are nuts, it was cold as hell Sunday night! Watch she'll get into St. Al but not Shenandoah that will be hilarious!

MeMe said...

sorry to hear about the craziness! I thought the same thing when I filled out a 17 page application for Pre-K and then last week took him in for his testing - it is Pre-K for christ sake and we have to go through it all over again for K!!