Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Recipes!

The following recipe is one of my favorites. It is a different take on potato salad that I make often because my husband detests mayo, mustard and eggs; all of which go in the traditional potato salad. It is also a lot healthier that the traditional type, the sauce being made of olive oil and tarragon vinegar. Make sure you use PURE olive oil, NOT virgin or extra virgin. It will taste weird, trust me! I did not have pure one time and tried it with one of the other types--Yucko! It was nasty. Also I sometimes have problems finiding tarragon vinegar so I just use regular white vinegar and add some tarragon leaves and let it sit a bit. For those of you on weightwatchers, I put the recipe in the recipe builder on their website and it said it was 2 pts/serving! It serves 16. Anyway, just thought I would share with the 4th coming up and many BBQs occuring. Also, y'all should check out the latest copy of WeightWatchers magazine. There are some yummy recipes in there.

Italian Potatoes (from River Roads Cookbook by the Junior League of Baton Rouge)
Ingredients
15 medium cooked red potato(es)
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup green onion(s)
3 clove garlic clove(s)
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
8 oz pure olive oil
4 oz Tarragon Vinegar

Instructions
Boil potatoes. When done peel and cut in 1 inch chunk size pieces. Sprinkle parsley and green onion over potatoes. Make sauce from the rest of the ingredients; strain so there will be no garlic pieces in sauce; pour over potatoes. Stir well. Let stand all day. (At least 4 hours or longer.) Do not refrigerate. Serves about 16.

No comments: